News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services.
Marcelo Bielsa’s men began their season with an encouraging performance in a 4-3 defeat to Liverpool but Mallik Wilks has put the Tigers ahead in this one.
60. Casilla plays a dangerous game by flying out of the box to pick up a ball that Honeyman’s chasing.
He does well to get to it, but instead of sending it long, he plays it short to Cresswell.
Coyle pinches the ball off Roberts as it looks as though he’s found a way through.
58. Leeds look set to make another change; Phillips, Gotts and Bamford are all warming up.
57. Elder plays Wilks into the box and he’s given time to push the ball to his right foot, Leeds then finally realise that he’s a danger with the ball.
55. Bielsa is furious on the touchline and is waving his hands around while screaming at his players.
They have come close to having the ball pinched off them several times while trying to play out from the back.
54. Honeyman steps up for the next corner and his delivery is met by Casilla’s fist.
54. Elder takes the corner from the right and swings it in well to the packed six-yard box.
52. Corner for Hull and they’re in no rush to take it- much to the annoyance of Leeds.
50. Poveda comes alive and breaks into the box from the right, dancing around Hull’s defence, before releasing Rodrigo just inside the box.
Coyle does well to clears the ball from Rodrigo’s feet, stopping any chance of an equaliser.
As Casilla takes too long with the ball, at the edge of the box, Wilks pinches it off him from behind.
47. Freekick by Elder is high and doesn’t really find anyone in the box, but Casilla comes out for it.
Batty comes in for a rebound and has a go from outside of the box, on the left, but he strikes it too hard and it goes flying over the bar.
46. Hull’s first corner or the second half finds Wilks on the far side of the box, he heads it to Mayer but he’s dispossessed by Leeds.
45. Elder swings the ball into the box and Jones gets up and above the Leeds defence, but his header skims over the goal and makes the top of the net shake.
45. Alioski gets the first booking of the game, for a sliding tackle on Scott deep in the Leeds half.
43. Leeds hold onto possession deep on the right wing, but Hull close in on them each time.
Poveda eventually finds a way through, via a cheeky nutmeg, but as Roberts receives it he attempts to send a back-hell to a running Poveda but misjudges his run.
41. Batty switches the ball from the right wing to the left and picks out Lewis-Potter inch-perfectly.
The Hull forward breaks into the box, pushes the ball to his right and tries to bend the ball into the top right hand corner.
39. Elsewhere, Everton are also one-nil up against Salford, while Southampton a trailing to Brentford by a goal to nil.
37. Shackleton almost gives the ball away, deep in his own half as he slips trying to move it from his left foot to his right.
34. Jones is solid at the back again, as Roberts swings a decent ball in from the left.
The Hull defender clears it with his right foot and doesn’t look too challenged thus far…
32. This is the two side’s first ever cup meeting, it hasn’t been quite the Yorkshire derby we were expecting.
How Man Utd could line up vs Palace as Solskjaer faces doubts over ELEVEN stars
Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here.
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avisTéléchargez notre application Android