Belgian pigeons are known to be the best in the world of pigeon racing, but even veteran breeding families are left in surprise after an unknown has broken into a Chinese buyer to buy a pigeon named New Kim for a whopping dollar. 9 million at Sunday’s auction.
Pigeon enthusiast Joel Vershoot inspects the racing pigeon (new Kim did not appear) in 2019 in . . .  Verschoot Pigeons Loft apartment in Ingelmunster, Belgium.
New Kim’s bids have already reached $ 1. 5 million during the two-week auction, but the bidding war that broke out on Sunday at the last minute between unknown bidders from China caused the bird to beat the highest price ever for a pigeon. .
New Kim is two years old, according to Reuters, and early retired from the race after being named Belgium’s best baby pigeon..
According to the Associated Press, New Chem was bred and owned by Gaston Van de Waer, a famous pigeon breeder in Belgium who decided to retire.
Kurt Van de Waer, a relative of Gaston, told Reuters that the exorbitant price for the new Kim left the family « in total shock. ». .
The auction showed the entire Van de Wouwer stable of around 450 pigeons, which combined fetched nearly $ 5. The Associated Press reported that 8 million is set to end with the purchase on Monday.
Pigeon racing, which was one of the country’s most important interests, has become less popular in Belgium since the mid-20th century. The Belgian Pigeon Federation has 18,000 members, a sharp drop from the more than 250. 000 records right after World War II, according to the Associated Press. . Nevertheless, the Belgians are still considered the best breeders of pigeons on earth, and they have attracted the attention of Chinese buyers. China’s economic rise has opened up new opportunities for leisure spending in the country, and pigeon racing has emerged as a popular gambling sport with five-digit gains, the Associated Press reported.. Before New Kim’s Sunday sale, the former record holder was a male called Armando, another Belgian pigeon that sold for roughly $ 1.. 5 million in the last year.
I am a native of Texas and covering breaking news from New York City. I was previously an Editorial Assistant at Forbes London.
Columbidae, Pigeon Racing, Racing Homer, Belgium
World News – AU – Racing pigeon sells for $ 1. 9 million at auction
. . Related Title :
– Racing pigeon sells for a record-breaking $ 1. 9 million at auction
– Belgian racing pigeons achieve a record price of $ 1. 9 million
– Standard $ 1 Belgian Bathroom Nets. 9 million at auction
– Belgian Pigeon Sets for Racing Fanciers ‘CSEANDCHAR’ Hearts Fluttering Sale at € 1. 6 million sold
– Belgian racing pigeon sold at a world record price of £ 1. 4 million
– <a href = "/? S = Belgian racing pigeon sold for more than 1 euro. 6 million at auction Belgian racing pigeon sold for more than 1 euro. 6 million at auction
– Belgian flies racing the race exceeded the record in the auction
– < a href = "/? s = selling pigeons at a global standard price of $ 1.". 8 million to a mysterious Chinese buyer at an auction in Belgium. “Homing pigeon was sold for a global record dollar. 8 million to a mysterious Chinese buyer at an auction in Belgium.
– Belgian pigeons sold for more than £ 1. 4 million in auction
– Pigeon sells a record 1. 6 million euros for Chinese pet fanciers.
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]