A Wollongong jury was sacked after failing to pass judgment in the trial of NRL striker Jack de Belin and his friend Callan Sinclair.
The NSW home state representative (29) and Sinclair (23) are accused of. Raping a then 19-year-old woman in a unit in North Wollongong on December 23, 2018.
After three and a half weeks of trial and nearly two days of deliberation, the jury was unable to reach a unanimous decision on any of the charges.
When the foreman of the jury was asked if she had more time for deliberations, they could give a majority vote. The woman replied: « Absolutely not. « .
The previous Monday, Judge Andrew Haesler had instructed the jury to look into the present case further after initially saying they could not make a decision.
Since the start of the trial on 3. On November 23, allegations were made that the 19-year-old woman was assaulted after leaving a bedroom in a unit rented by de Belin’s cousin.
The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told the jury that the men ignored her protests and raped her when she cried and just « let it happen ». .
The men who both tried to testify said the woman agreed, said « yes » and seemed to be enjoying the threesome.
De Belin had cheated on his longtime partner when he got involved in the threesome, his lawyer told the court.
« What happened cannot be commended, but certainly not . . . include criminal conduct by Mr. de Belin or Mr. Sinclair, « said de Belin’s attorney David Campbell SC in conclusion.
Jack de Belin, jury, judgment, advice, St. . George Illawarra Dragons
World News – AU – The jury of the rape trial against De Belin has been sacked
. . Related title :
– Jury released in rape trial against Jack de Belin
– NRL star Jack de Belin’s rape jury cannot make a unanimous decision
– BREAKING: Jury dismissed in the rape proceedings against Jack de Belin after the judgment was not given
– Jury in the trial of Jack de Belin’s sexual assault does not come to a verdict
– De Belin rape trial jury dismissed
– The jury in the trial against Jack de Belin for sexual assault should continue to consider after telling the judge about a deadlock.
– Jury cannot pass judgment in the rape trial against Jack de Belin
– Jack de Belin rape trial jury dismissed after failing to reach verdict
– The jury cannot pass judgment on Jack de Belin’s rape trial. What’s happening now?
– Jack de Belin rape jury cannot pass judgment
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]