among more than 1. 3 million absentee ballot papers were returned to county election offices for the November elections, and more than 2,000 were rejected due to invalid or missing signature.
This is the same percentage refusal to sign as the 2018 midterm elections in which more than a million fewer absentee ballots were sent..
President Donald Trump made a misleading claim Thursday morning that « nearly zero ballots » were rejected in Georgia in the November elections..
This election turned down nearly zero votes in Georgia. In past years, nearly 4%. impossible. You should have checked the signature on the envelopes now. It is very easy to do. The Democrats are fighting because they have been arrested. Sounds much more than is needed for a face. Republicans have to get tough! BrianKempGA
Trump’s statistic that 4% of ballot papers were rejected in the previous election may be correct, but it also includes a greater number of absentee ballots rejected because they arrived after 7 a.m.. M. The deadline is election night, not due to signature issues.
The first comes when a voter requests an absentee ballot and must sign this application. If they order one using the new portal, the photo ID must be uploaded.
Voters must then sign the outer envelope that accompanies each ballot. This signature is matched with the absentee ballot request and the voter registration request. Municipalities can also match signatures on file with the Driver Services Department.
Once the signature is matched by election officials or officials, the ballot card and the outer envelope are separated, leaving no personally identifiable information on the ballot itself.. This is in order to preserve the secret ballot, and to ensure that the voter’s choices are not linked to the identity of the voter.
So, President Trump’s request that signature matching be part of the vetting process would be impossible, because the signatures and cards have already been separated
Thousands of uncounted votes detected in Georgia counties. When the most important signature match occurs, the Republic will be overturned, very quickly. get it done! BrianKempGA
Georgia law requires counties to reach voters whose signature has been denied to allow them the opportunity to « process » their signature or fix it by presenting an ID card or filling out an affidavit no later than three days after the election.
© 2015-2020 90. 1 FM WABE
Donald Trump, Georgia, Republican Party, Lindsay Graham, Brad Ravensberger, Secretary of State of Georgia, US Senate, Election Recount, Joe Biden, polling
World News – CA – Fact Verify: Georgia rejected more than 2,000 absentee ballots due to signature issues 90. 1 FM WABE
. . Related Title :
– <a href = "/? s = Sen. Lindsay Graham faces a moral complaint about a call to a senior electoral official in Georgia about ballot papers.. Lindsay Graham is facing an ethical complaint over her contact with a senior electoral official in Georgia about ballot papers
– validating misleading claims about ballot papers Recount in Georgia
– Lindsey Graham Fires, back to progressives calling for his resignation, & # 39; I& # 39; m Go to bury your agenda & # 39;
– Who pays for a recount that the candidate started in Georgia?
– Has Georgia finished counting its votes manually?
– Georgia election officials will release a report on presidential handouts today; Georgia election officials are expected to confirm that Joe Biden . . .
– Fact-checking: Georgia rejected more than 2,000 absentee ballots due to problems with Signature
– Ethical complaint filed against Graham over phone call with GA Secretary From the state
– Georgia& # 39; s hand the outcome of the presidential race is about to end
– >> Lindsey Graham mocks calls for his resignation due to election interference
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]