Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman downplayed the chances of Ousmane Dembele moving to Manchester United before the window closes and says he’s counting on the winger
Reports were released in Spain on Tuesday claiming that United were working on a deal to bring the World Cup winner to Old Trafford, either on an initial loan or as part of a permanent deal from a worth £ 50million
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was desperate to add a new right winger to his squad this summer and with talks for Jadon Sancho stalled they are now considering Dembele as a cheaper alternative
The Frenchman failed to live up to his massive Camp Nou prize and failed to make Koeman’s starting XI for the opener of the new La Liga season against Villarreal
However, Koeman insists he sees a place for Dembele in his squad, although he has admitted any decision on a transfer will be up to the player and the club.
Asked about rumors surrounding the winger’s future, Koeman told reporters, “Dembele’s situation? I’m counting on him
« He was very good in the first few weeks [of the preseason] but suffered a slowdown last week
« He trained well today and I’m counting on him But these are decisions for the club and the player »
On why Dembele didn’t enter the squad that beat Villarreal, he added: « Dembele didn’t start the last game because Ansu Fati turned out to be a very good player, and he will have to wait for his moment »
Barcelona are still looking to make new signings but are crippled by their financial restrictions, which is why Dembele could be offloaded to raise funds for reinforcements
Koeman added: « We know the club has financial limits We are working to strengthen ourselves in two or three positions Everything is very insecure If no one arrives I have no complaints about the players we have «
World news – GB – Barcelona boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on Ousmane Dembele amid Man Utd ties
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]