Lupo’s death broke the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after playing such a huge role in their family’s lives, including taking responsibility for Prince George’s name
Prince William and Kate Middleton shared their heartache over the death of their dog Lupo.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced on the Kensington Royal Instagram page today that their beloved dog passed away last weekend.
William and Kate said Lupo was « in the heart » of their family and was even responsible for choosing Prince George’s name.
They wrote: « Very sad that our dear dog Lupo passed away last weekend. He has been the heart of our family for nine years and we will miss him so much. – W & C «
The English Cocker Spaniel was bred from a dog owned by Kate’s parents Michael and Carole Middleton.
The puppy was responsible for choosing Prince George’s name thanks to a game organized by William and Kate.
They wrote dozens of names on scraps of paper that they scattered on the floor of their house.
Kate’s brother James paid tribute to Lupo and wrote on Instagram today: “It is with great sadness that Lupo, the beloved dog of my sister Catherine and her family, has passed away.
« Nothing can ever prepare you for the loss of a dog. For those who have never had a dog before, understanding the loss could be difficult.
« But for those who have loved a dog, the truth is known: a dog is not just a pet, he’s a family member, best friend, loyal companion, teacher, and therapist.
« There aren’t many rules on how to mourn a dog, but I said a prayer, lit a candle, and took Ella (Mum) for a long walk to spend time remembering Lupo.
« Rest in peace, Lupo. Tilly & Mini is waiting for you. You will always be remembered and your legacy will live on forever. Good boy “
Lupo is believed to be behind firefighters who were called to the Kate Middleton’s family home in Berkshire in 2013.
A fire team rushed to the property after receiving reports that a dog – presumably Lupo – had stuck its head in a gate.
A spokesman for the Royal Berkshire Fire Department said at the time, “We were called to an animal rescue service.
« The Reading Special Forces was dispatched with a device from the nearest station, Newbury.
“Our crew reached the mansion but were informed when they arrived at the gates that the dog, whose head was stuck, had been freed just moments before, so their services were not needed.
« The rescue unit was dropped off before it reached Bucklebury and the device was returning home. ”
Lupo joined the royal family to help Kate manage the time she spent from Will in the first few months of their marriage.
The working spaniel who lived with the couple while Prince William served as an RAF pilot in Anglesey has become a staple of royal life.
« As someone whose husband has served, I know how hard it feels when a loved one leaves the house to get the job they were trained to do, » she said.
« When William was serving in the Falkland Islands or Search and Rescue, I remember what it felt like. But I can’t imagine what it feels like when your loved ones are not on active duty. ”
In 2013, Queen Lupo, the cocker spaniel, is said to have been removed from the guest list for the Royal Family celebrations in Sandringham.
« The queen made it clear that Lupo is not on the guest list, » according to a source.
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Lupo, wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton
World News – GB – Heartbreak for Prince William and Kate Middleton as the dog Lupo tragically dies
. . Related title :
– heartbreak for Prince William and Kate Middleton tragically die as dog Lupo
– Heartbreaking news for Prince William and Kate Middleton as they announce the death of a beloved dog
– Prince William and Kate Middleton announce that beloved dog Lupo has died
– William and Kate&s heartbreak after Death of their dog Lupo
– Prince William, Duchess Kate talks to fathers (and their babies!) about fatherhood via Zoom
– Prince William and Kate Middleton mourn the family dog Lupo: & # 39; We will miss him so much& # 39;
– Kate Middleton and Prince William&’s Recent Zoom Call Reveals Cutest Design Detail
– & # 39; We will miss him so much& # 39 ;: Prince William and Kate Middleton share their heartbreak after their & # 39; dear dog & # 39; Lupo died . . .
– Prince William and Kate Middleton share their heartbreak when their beloved family dog Lupo dies
– Prince William and Kate Middleton&’s family dog, Lupo, has passed away