As the final segment of the race began to kick in, the 2020 24 Hours of Le Mans began to shape up to be a much different race than anyone would have predicted at the start. Only one Toyota had stuck it out in the front, and Rebellion Racing instead looked to be the team set to secure a double podium. A sense of calm had firmly set in as the sun rose, but anything can still happen in the final four hours.
The No. 8 Toyota has extended its lead much further over the No. 1 Rebellion Racing machine after the latter was wheeled into the garage for repairs. The No. 1 lost a lap, and it also lost second position to its sibling car.
The maligned No. 7 Toyota maintained its fourth place overall position and looked fairly strong, but regaining its lost lap will prove to be a difficult challenge that will likely play out in these upcoming final four hours.
It’s been a similar story for the leaders of the other classes: each has managed to pull ahead of its nearest competition. That said, nothing is guaranteed. We could still see massive shakeups before the end of the race, as drivers grow simultaneously hungrier and more exhausted.
If you haven’t hunted down a place to watch this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans, you can find it on MotorTrend TV in the United States and Velocity in Canada. You can check out a full list of all viewing and streaming services here. If you’re looking for a slightly less official way to watch, Reddit will have you covered.
Motul is offering several different viewing options on YouTube, such as the full race onboard and a live view from the pit lane.
1. No. 8 Toyota Gazoo Racing2. No. 3 Rebellion Racing3. No. 1 Rebellion Racing4. No. 7 Toyota Gazoo Racing5. No. 22 United Autosports
1. No. 8 Toyota Gazoo Racing2. No. 3 Rebellion Racing3. No. 1 Rebellion Racing4. No. 7 Toyota Gazoo Racing5. No. 4 Bykolles Racing Team (retired)
1. No. 22 United Autosports2. No. 38 Jota3. No. 26 G-Drive Racing4. No. 31 Panis Racing5. No. 36 Signatech Alpine Elf
1. No. 51 AF Corse2. No. 97 Aston Martin Racing3. No. 95 Aston Martin Racing4. No. 71 AF Corse5. No. 82 Risi Competizione
1. No. 90 TF Sport 2. No. 83 AF Corse3. No. 77 Dempsey-Proton Racing4. No. 56 Team Project 15. No. 86 Gulf Racing
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]