government. Gina Raimondo announced a number of new restrictions on Thursday, including the upcoming two-week hiatus for the state as coronavirus cases continue to rise in Rhode Island..
During her weekly press conference, Raimondo said that despite targeted restrictions she had already imposed a month ago, the situation was not improving..
As a result, the governor said current capacity restrictions in bars and restaurants will remain in effect until November. 29. Raimondo said that social gatherings are limited to the number of people you live with, too.
Beginning of November. 30, the state will make a two-week hiatus as most colleges and universities transition to virtual learning. Raimondo said bar areas, entertainment venues, indoor sports facilities, gyms and organized sports will be closed during the downtime.. .
The governor also requires offices to close and allow employees to work remotely, if possible.
During the pause, indoor dining capacity will be limited to 33% with one bed per table. Retail stores can remain open under the restriction of 1 person per 100 square feet. Raymondo said that houses of worship will be limited to 25% of their capacity, with a maximum of 125 people during the downtime.
The governor said she chose the month of November. 30 appointments to give people time to prepare and also for restaurants to review their inventory.
What will remain open during the pause are K-8 Personal Schools, Child Care, Personal Services, and Healthcare. Raimundo said high schools will be allowed to switch to distance learning during the two-week break.
« It will only work if we do it. I don’t know how to say it any other way, ”Raimondo said, warning that a complete lockdown of the state could be imminent within 3 weeks if people did not follow the rules.
The state reported 921 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus on Thursday, and four more deaths. There are now 1,288 confirmed deaths and 46,951 cases, according to the Rhode Island Department of Public Health.
The percentage of positive coronavirus tests, on average, is 5. 8%, according to Thursday’s report.
The number of people hospitalized due to COVID-19 stands at 298, according to data provided by health officials.
With Rhode Island hospitals able to handle 97% of COVID bed capacity, the governor said the plan is to open two field hospitals – one in Cranston a week after Thanksgiving and the other at the Rhode Island Convention Center in December. 1.
The governor also acknowledged lags in the state’s COVID testing efforts, but said 100 new workers were added this week to help.
Rhode Island, Gina Raimondo, Coronavirus
World News – US – Two-week hiatus at RI to start November. 30 Amidst the Rise of COVID Cases
. . Associated Title :
– Raimondo says RI will enter & # 39 for two weeks; & # 39 pause; starting in November. 30
– A Two-Week Hiatus At RI To Begin November. 30 In light of the high incidence of COVID
– Families and households fueling coronavirus transmission in Rhode Island, showing IBM data
– <a href="/?s= high school students in Rhode Island urged to switch to distance learning after Thanksgiving, and high school students in Rhode Island urged to switch to distance learning after Thanksgiving
– Raimondo announces a statewide hiatus for two weeks starting November 30
– RI Gov. Raimondo delivers update on Coronavirus as cases continue to rise
– Thanksgiving guidelines coming for Rhode Island
– WATCH LIVE: Raimondo is expected to announce RI shutdown at 1 PM
– 5 major developments of Coronavirus – RI at a rate of 250 or more deaths by the end of the year
– Governor Raimundo to discuss Thanksgiving Day and personal learning
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]