World News – US – Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen opens up on third party vote and why America should be more like Switzerland

0
17

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten,
or redistributed © 2020 FOX News Network, LLC All rights reserved
Quotes displayed in real time or delayed by at least 15 minutes Market data provided by Factset Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions Legal statement Mutual fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper

Jo Jorgensen would like America to be « a giant Switzerland », the Libertarian Party candidate for president of the « Fox News Rundown » podcast said Tuesday

« Switzerland is armed and neutral », Jorgensen explained to welcome Dave Anthony « They are not pacifists They are not isolationists They are a banking center They accept tourism People enter and leave freely and trade with other people This is what I want America to be like

« However, » the 63-year-old continued, « Switzerland don’t mind other people’s business and try not to be the cop of the world So I would go there and say we have to deal with it. the world as our neighbors, not as our fighters And we must bring the troops home « 

Jorgensen, the first woman to receive the Libertarian Party presidential nomination, currently votes 28% in the national average of RealClearPolitics, well below the 15% required to participate in a presidential debate

“The problem now is that I don’t even include my name in the polls,” she said “So how are we supposed to be on stage if we’re not at the polls ?  »

No third party candidate has taken part in a presidential debate since 1992, when Reform Party candidate Ross Perot joined Republican President George HW Bush and Democratic candidate Bill Clinton on stage for all three events

According to Jorgensen, the 15% threshold « is much higher than it looks because about 80% of people are already decided So that only leaves 20% working with anyway So 15% is actually very high And then, of course, you add to that the fact that they don’t put us in the polls. Well what can you do? « 

When asked to respond to the criticism that voting for a third-party candidate would be to reject their vote, Jorgensen replied: « I would suggest that you reject your vote if you vote for something you don’t want.

« I understand why people voted for Trump, » she added « They wanted a foreigner They felt the government was too big They wanted to cut the deficit, the debt They wanted to cut spending They wanted bring the troops home And he didn’t do none of that And I would ask them, ‘Is that really what you are thinking using your vote wisely, to send the message that’ This is what I want I want more of this I want bigger government That’s why I put you there « ? » It would be an unnecessary vote « 

On the other side, Jorgesen continued, « the Democratic Party was traditionally the party of anti-war, free speech And they’re not all of that now. How about voting and say to Biden, ‘No I don’t want a war hawk I want world peace I want Democrats to act like Democrats’ How about you send them a message?

To listen to the full interview, subscribe and download The FOX News Rundown to your favorite podcast player

The FOX NEWS RUNDOWN is a daily news-based morning podcast providing an in-depth dive into the major and controversial stories of the day

Get all the stories you need from the most powerful name in the news, delivered early every morning to your inbox

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed © 2020 FOX News Network, LLC All rights reserved Quotes posted in real time or delayed by at least 15 minutes Market data provided by Factset Powered and powered by powered by FactSet Digital Solutions Legal statement Mutual fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper

Jo Jorgensen

World News – United States – Libertarian candidate Jo Jorgensen talks about one-third vote and why America should be more like Switzerland



SOURCE: https://www.w24news.com/news/world-news-us-libertarian-candidate-jo-jorgensen-opens-up-on-third-party-vote-and-why-america-should-be-more-like-switzerland/?remotepost=353953

QU’EN PENSEZ-VOUS?

Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!

[gs-fb-comments]

[comment-form]

Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis

[maxbutton id= »1″]