In a highly anticipated matchup of college basketball powerhouses, No.. 6 Herzog host no. 8 Michigan State Tuesday night at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The opening stages were bad and bad, and the Spartans moved up late to get a 37-33 lead in the locker room. Here are five observations from the first 20 minutes of the game.
After Blue Devil head coach Mike Krzyzewski kicked off junior striker Joey Baker and senior guard Jordan Goldwire at the season opener, he opted for a younger line-up against the Spartans, placing Baker and Goldwire in favor of newcomers Jeremy Roach and DJ Steward. Roach and Steward both had smooth halves despite the start, only combining eight points and no assists, and Baker and Goldwire only recorded five and respectively. ten minutes in half.
If you don’t have a traditional center on the grid, you might think Duke would fight inside, but that was far from the case at the start of this competition. The Blue Devils took the lead 11: 3 before the media timeout under 16 minutes, thanks to offensive dominance in the color, two layups and reaching the line eight times.
The shots just didn’t go off in the opening phase. The two teams shot a combined 24-of-66 from the field, including a lazy 4-of-21 mark from outside the bow. Much of Duke’s production came from the charity flick, as the Blue Devils scored 14 of their 33 points on free throws.
For those of you who got excited to see Michigan state striker Joey Hauser take on Duke’s Jalen Johnson in the lead up, I’m sorry. Hauser picked up two early fouls and scored three points in the first half in just six minutes. Spartan striker Thomas Kithier also scored two quick fouls, forcing Michigan state head coach Tom Izzo against 10 Spartans in the first half.
Nobody on either team had a particularly outstanding opening half, but Matthew Hurt was the most effective player to cause his own offense with 10 points. It is important that Hurt was not careless with the ball, like many others early on, because the second striker did not generate any sales.
Share and discuss « Five Observations from the First Half of Duke Men’s Basketball vs. Michigan State » on social media.
Michigan State Spartans Men’s Basketball, Duke University, College Basketball, Michigan State Spartans Women’s Basketball, Tom Izzo
World News – USA – Five observations from the first half of Duke Men’s Basketball against Michigan State
. . Related title :
– Michigan State battles for beat Duke for first win in Cameron
– Duke vs.. . Michigan State Score: Live Game Updates, College Basketball Scores, Champions Classic Highlights
– Five observations from the first half of Duke men& # 39; s basketball& # 39; against Michigan State
– No fans, no neutral side, but MSU loved, still Playing Duke
– Preview: No.. 8 MSU at No.. 6 Duke – Champions Classic preview of the front court battle
– Live Updates: No.. 8 Michigan State Basketball vs.. . No. 6 Duke in Champions Classic
– No.. 6 Duke shoots badly against No.. 8 Michigan State
– <a href = "/? S = college basketball odds for Duke vs.. . Michigan State: Tuesday&'s betting value on the Spartans "College basketball odds for Duke vs.. . Michigan State: Tuesday&'s betting value on the Spartans
– Men&’s basketball game thread: Michigan State Spartans at Duke Blue Devils in the annual Champions Classic
– Watt score 20, No.. 8 Michigan State Beats No.. . 6 Duke 75-69
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]