LANSING, me. (WLUC) – Governor Gretchen Whitmer has appointed U. S.. . and Michigan flags inside the state capitol complex are due to be released on Wednesday, Jan.. December 2020, will be reduced to half the staff to honor the life and service of former Senator Tom Casperson.
« Tom Casperson was a staunch official who made sure that at every point during the legislative process, yoopers felt their voices were being heard in our state capitol, » said Gov. . Whitmer. “While our policies differed, Tom has proven that it is still possible to find common ground and work together to do what’s right for the people of Michigan.
« As the Senate Democratic leader, I was proud to work with Senator Casperson across the aisle to expand health coverage through the Healthy Michigan Plan, which now serves more than 800 people. 000 Michigandans in our state. Despite his diagnosis, Tom remained committed to the work of people as he battled this malignant disease. My thoughts are with Tom’s family during this difficult time. ”
Tom Casperson was first elected to the Michigan Legislature in 2002, where he served in the House of Representatives and then in the Senate to residents of the western Upper Peninsula until his term expired in 2018.
During his tenure, state Senator Tom Casperson cast a casting vote to expand the state’s Medicaid program under the Affordable Care Act to ensure health care for hundreds of thousands of Michigandians, the governor’s office said.
Former Senator Tom Casperson died on Sunday the 29th. November after battling lung cancer for two years.
The state of Michigan recognizes the duty, honor, and selfless service of former Senator Tom Casperson by lowering the flags to half the staff. Michigan residents, businesses, schools, local governments, and other organizations are encouraged to fly the flag on half employees.
To lower the flags to half of the staff, the flags should first be hoisted to the top for a moment and then lowered to the position of half the staff. The process is reversed before the flag is lowered for the day.
Tom Casperson, Republican Party, Michigan Upper Peninsula, Ed McBroom, United States Senate, Michigan Senate
World News – United States – Flags will be lowered Wednesday in honor of former Senator. Tom Casperson
. . Related title :
– > Reminder of Casperson: Former legislator passed away on Sunday at the age of 61
– Tom Casperson reminded about effects
– Flags will be lowered on Wednesday to honor the former senator. Tom Casperson
– Casperson, & # 39; titan& # 39; the upper peninsula dies at the age of 61
– Casperson, & # 39; titan& # 39; the upper peninsula, dies at 61
– Friends, colleagues remember the former Sen. . Tom Casperson
– Mackinac Bridge Authority mourns Tom Casperson
– Former State Senator. Casperson dies
– Former State Senator. Tom Casperson dies at the age of 61
– Former Senate State. . Tom Casperson, & « , Titan the UP, & »; dies of lung cancer at 61
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]