NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Rockefeller Center’s Christmas tree lights will be lit Wednesday night for the season.
Due to COVID-19, the ceremony and public viewing will be very different this year. The closest route to the tree is likely to be distance from your television.
It’s almost time for the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree to light up! But this year the ceremony is closed to the public. @CBSNewYork picture. Twitter. com / oKTzOsdAnv
As CBS2’s Ali Bauman reported, it is usually a crowded and communal celebration. But this year the 50. 000 LED lights around the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree come on without a spectator.
« It is tradition that we come. It’s the start of Christmas and the hope for the new year that it gets better, ”said Raquel Frias, a Manhattan resident.
In order to comply with social distancing protocols, the lighting ceremony was closed to the public and televised live.
« It’s different not to see all the people coming here, but I’m glad we can at least see it on TV, » said Emma Ledesma from Manhattan.
MORE: Required tickets to view Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, changes to other holiday traditions in town this year
From Thursday you can see the tree for yourself, but you have to queue up virtually. Guests need to scan a QR code to wait and then receive a text message when they are active.
« We have to practice social distancing and make sure everyone wears their face mask, but we pride ourselves on that. Unfortunately, this year will be a little different from previous years, ”said Rodney Harrison, NYPD’s chief detective.
Note that the 49. and 50. Street between 5th. and 6. Road near the traffic where the viewing entrances are. Once it is your turn, guests will be directed to demarcated pods two meters apart, with four people per pod. You only have five minutes to snap a picture and bask in the Christmas lights before your time is up.
Even if it will be a little different this year, some loyal viewers said to Bauman that they are just glad they still have their free tradition.
“Especially when everything is going well this year. It brings hope and joy in a tough season, ”said Oribell Ledesma from Manhattan.
From Thursday the tree will be illuminated from 6 a.m.. m. every day until midnight through the new year.
Do you want to work from home without selling anything? No experience required, weekly payments … Join the exclusive ldg group that cracked the code for financial freedom! Learn more details Good luck …. . Visit here
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, New York, Christmas Tree
World News – USA – Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lights will be televised Wednesday night
. . Related Title :
– Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lights Televised Wednesday Night
– How to watch the Christmas tree lights at Rockefeller Center from home
– It& is starting to look like Christmas in the Rockefeller Center despite the pandemic
– Visiting the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Will Be Different This Year – Here& # 39; s How
– Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lights to look different in the middle of a pandemic
– How to Watch & # 39; Christmas at Rockefeller Center& # 39; Tonight (02. 12th. 20): time, stream, channel
– CHRISTMAS IN THE ROCKEFELLER CENTER: HOW TO WATCH IT LIVE
– From a 20-foot balsamic fir with handcrafted garlands in 1931 to toppers made with 3 million Swarovski crystals and this year’s &’s . . .
– NBC starts Christmas season with » Christmas at Rockefeller Center « special
– How to Watch the Rockefeller Center 2020 Christmas Tree Lights
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]