Detroit – If this were a normal Thanksgiving festival, thousands upon thousands of Metro Detroiters would line Woodward Avenue for America’s Thanksgiving Parade.
Instead, Thursday’s spectacle won’t be a spectacle at all. It’s a partially pre-made event designed to prevent crowds from forming.
« If I had told you a year ago that we were wearing food story masks to curtail our Thanksgiving tables, no fans in the stands at the Lions game, you would have thought it was science fiction », he said WDIV TV host Devin Scillian, co-host of the parade coverage. « It’s science, but not a lot of fiction. «
But 2020 is anything but normal. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, and for the sake of safety and social distancing, the parade will not have personal observers this year.
Like the fireworks on 4. July or the Christmas tree lighting – but in contrast to the 2020 Auto Show, which was canceled altogether, the parade will continue.
But it will be different. In addition to the lack of spectators, this year’s parade honors workers and children on the front lines. And it can only be viewed online via WDIV-ToV at clickondetroit. com or channel 4 on TV.
Most of the action is pre-recorded, but there will be live commentary from WDIV-TV anchors (channel 4) and a « live surprise » at some point on the show.
The coverage of the parade preview by WDIV has already started. The preview show started with Jason Carr and Tati Amare on split screen, Carr broadcast from home, Amare from the studio.
The parade – or in some cases the ribbon of the parade – rolls in at 9am. m. Happy Thanksgiving.
The Parade Company, which hosts the Independence Day parade and fireworks, has urged people not to go downtown and has told them there is little to see.
« It really is a TV show. There’s nowhere to stand and watch, « Tony Michaels, President and CEO of Parade Company, told The News. « We’re doing something great for the city, the region and the state. «
Michaels told The Detroit News that around 800 people are scheduled to host the event live from Woodward near Campus Martius. However, they would have been spread out over 1 to 4 miles for social distancing. He said there were also temperature controls and staggering of people so that not all 800 were on site at the same time.
That plan changed last week when Denise Fair, Detroit’s chief public health officer, said the Parade Company’s plan to host the event did not meet Michigan’s new restrictions prohibiting outdoor gatherings of more than 25 people.
Michaels said the Parade Company went into « a very creative mode » following Fair’s decision and worked with WDIV to evolve the format and move away from their plan to broadcast the cars live from Woodward.
Instead, four new cars and a few leftovers were picked up on Saturday against a new backdrop just blocks from the Parade Company warehouse on Mt.. . Elliott. The five high school brass bands were recorded at staggered intervals outside Comerica Park three weeks ago.
Detroit, Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, WDIV-TV
World news – USA – Thanksgiving 2020 in Detroit « a little different », even without parade watchers
. . Related title :
– Thanksgiving 2020 & # 39; slightly different& # 39; in Detroit, including without parade watchers
– <a href = "/? s = Tina Marie School of Dance Elves help open America's Thanksgiving Parade& # 39; Tina Marie School of Dance -Elves 2020 Help Open America&'s 2020 Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit
– Best Celebrity Moments at the Macy& Thanksgiving Parade
– The Detroit& Thanksgiving Parade Goes Virtual
– LIVE STREAM: 2020 America& # 39; s Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit
– See harvest festival parade in Parade Company warehouse
– Detroit &’s Thanksgiving Parade has been reinterpreted as a largely recorded TV-only event
– Thanksgiving Day 2020: Sports, Celebrations, and Transportation
– It& is still the Detroit Thanksgiving Parade. More or less.
– America’s Thanksgiving Parade& # 39; Turkey’s trot goes virtual amid a pandemic
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]